The Product Backlog: Grooming like the Fonz
Like the Fonz, you can make grooming the backlog look easy by conducting a Showcase.
The Focus: Story decomposition and elaboration.
This activity demonstrates how to excel in the Product Owner role. For the project team, it demonstrates what to expect from the Product Owner. Overall, grooming the backlog becomes collaborative and less of a chore for the team.
About the Speaker: Duane Nicholson, President & Principal Consultant at N.B.D. Consulting Services
N.B.D. Consulting Services is a boutique management consulting company that focuses on the development of software and technical systems.
Duane holds a M.B.A. with an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Ask him about the benefits of location-based solutions.
As the former President of the IIBA, Orange County Chapter, he spearheaded the 1st Business Analyst Professional Day in Southern California.
- Is a Certified Scrum Product Owner and has been an Agile Coach for companies like Experian Consumer Services and Toyota Financial Services
- Has taught in the Business Analyst Certificate Program offered by UCI Extension
- Leads the marketing effort as Marketing Chair of the planning team for the Southland Technology Conference (SoTeC)
- Enjoys mentoring at the University of Redlands School of Business and through STEM Advantage
Although he resides in Orange County today, he originates from the South Bay and considers it home.
Early Registration: (Available Below)
- $15 for Los Angeles IIBA Chapter members
- $15 for program (+ webinar) only (no dinner)
- $20 for IIBA International Only members
- $25 for all other participants
- $20 for Los Angeles IIBA Chapter members
- $25 for IIBA International Only members
- $30 for all other participants