President - Detailed Responsibilties
WORKS WITH: BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND CHAPTER VOLUNTEER LEADERS
PURPOSE: The President is the presiding officer of the Chapter and the Board of Directors. The President is to provide leadership to the Board of Directors and develop the strategic plan for the Chapter.
- Provide leadership to the volunteer leaders, including the Board of Directors, of the Chapter.
- Preside at Board of Director meetings.
- Will cast deciding vote on all business before the Chapter or Board of Directors to break a tie.
- Developed, with the assistance of the Board of Directors, short-term and long-term strategic plans for the Chapter in all areas of Chapter operations.
- Make all decisions with the primary goal of Chapter sustainability.
- See that all operations of, and decisions made for, the Chapter are in compliance with the Chapter Bylaws, IIBA® Bylaws and the Chapter’s affiliation agreement with IIBA®.
- Present Chapter business to the membership of the Chapter as needed.
- Make all appointments, with the approval of the Board of Directors, to the Board of Directors to fill an office that becomes vacant prior to expiration of the current term.
- This is an elected volunteer leadership position for the Chapter, which is voting member of the Board of Directors.
- A business analysis background of four (4) or more years highly desired.
- Member of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and the chapter is required.
- Devotes 2 to 8 hours per month, actual work will have peaks and valleys of workload.