Snapshot Position Descriptions for the Board of Directors
Click on each position description for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
- Presiding officer of the Chapter and Board of Directors.
- Cast deciding vote on all business to break a tie vote.
- Develop the strategic plan for the sustainability of the chapter.
- Keep official minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Make minutes of the meetings available to Chapter members.
- Maintain official records of the chapter, including Bylaws.
- Create and distribute board meeting agendas
- Maintains financial accounts of the chapter.
- Handles all financial issues of the chapter.
- Reports finances to the Board of Directors at all Board meetings.
- Reports finances to the Chapter membership as requested.
- Handle all tax reporting and issues for the chapter.
- Presides over the Chapter and Board of Directors in the absence of, or at the request of, the President.
|VP, Marketing and Communications
- Develop annual marketing plan to promote the chapter to the local business communities.
- Handle all communications from the chapter to the IIBA not specifically aligned with another officer’s area.
- Handle all communications from the chapter to the local business communities not specifically aligned with another officer’s area.
- Send out upcoming meeting and event notifications to the local business communities.
|VP, Professional Development
- Develop an annual educational plan for the chapter; which consists of at least 9 networking and educational events and at least one social networking event.
- Arrange for presenters to the monthly meetings of the chapter.
- Provide promotional material to VP of Marketing and Communications so that advance notification can be sent out.
- Develop and deliver event programs relating to business analysis for each scheduled chapter meeting. The content of these programs is to be consistent and in accordance with the objectives of IIBA® Chapter and with the approval of IIBA® Chapter Board.
- Maintain the chapter website.
- Oversee all technology issues for the Chapter.
- Constantly research for new technology to further the Chapter’s program and outreach.