Vice President Of Marketing And Communications- Detailed Responsibilties
WORKS WITH: PRESIDENT AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PURPOSE: The Vice President of Marketing and Communications handles most marketing and communications efforts for the Chapter. The Vice President of Marketing and Communications will coordinate efforts with other chapter leaders where marketing and communications needs cross into those program areas, such as Community Outreach, Membership and Sponsorship.
- Provide leadership to the volunteer leaders, including the Board of Directors, of the Chapter.
- Make all decisions with the primary goal of Chapter sustainability.
- See that all operations in Marketing and Communications of, and decisions made for, the Chapter are in compliance with the Chapter Bylaws, IIBA® Bylaws and the Chapter’s affiliation agreement with IIBA®.
- Develop annual marketing plan to promote the chapter to the local business communities.
- Handle all communications from the Chapter to IIBA not specifically aligned with another officer’s program area.
- Handle all communications from the Chapter to the local business communities not specifically aligned with another officer’s program area.
- Send out upcoming meeting and event notifications to the local business communities.
- Maintain the Chapter’s contact list.
- Make appointments, with the approval of the Board of Directors, to the volunteer leadership positions in the area of Marketing and Communications.
- This is an elected volunteer leadership position for the Chapter, which is voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Marketing background desired.
- A business analysis background of three (3) or more years desired.
- Member of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and the chapter is required.
- Devotes 2 to 8 hours per month, actual work will have peaks and valleys of workload.